Sunrisers and Sunsetters – The Reopening!
For school to safely re-open Sunrisers and Sunsetters on Monday 21st September 2020 we have had to make some changes. Sadly we won’t be able to use the lodge due to distancing. Sunrisers will be held in the school Halls.
- Sunsetters will be held in a mixture of the halls, science room and ICT suite depending on the evening and the activity provided. New closing time of 5.15pm.
- 2 bubbles for each club (one bubble per key stage) with a maximum of 12 children in each bubble
- Children will still be required to socially distance themselves from other children and adults.
- Parents will need to commit to their child attending both Sunrisers and Sunsetters at a cost of £35 per week
Sunrisers open 7.45 am till your child starts school at either 8.50am or 9am
Children will need to be dropped off at the school hall (door by the office for EYFS/KS1 and door by kitchen car park/Minibus for children in KS2)
Ms Sue Blake in Hall 2 – for children in year R, Year 1 and Year 2
Mrs Boyton in Hall 1 – for Children in Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6
Breakfast provided will be a cereal bar, piece of fruit and a drink.
Children will be required to sit spaced out and the morning activity each day will be reading their home reading book/library book.
Sunsetters open from your child’s finish time of 3pm or 3.15pm till 5.15pm
Again we are unable to use the lodge due to distancing. We will have 2 bubbles with the same children in who attend breakfast club.
Sue will lead the EYFS/KS1 bubble for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
Miss Jeftha will lead the KS2 bubble for children in years 3,4,5,and 6
Food provided will be a yoghurt, cereal bar, piece of fruit and a drink.
Children are to be collected from the Hall door nearest the school office.
Daily Sunsetters activities are:
|EYFS/KS1 Bubble||KS2 Bubble|
|Monday||Reading and Colouring in Hall 2||ICT|
|Tuesday||ICT Suite – fun games on computers||Arts and crafts in Science room|
|Wednesday||Board Games in Hall 2||ICT|
|Thursday||Arts and Crafts in Science room||Board Games in Hall 2|
|Friday||Film night hall 1 – children to sit spaced apart|
Admission Criteria for Sunrisers and Sunsetters
Places will be allocated in the following order:
- Children who attended our keyworker bubbles during lockdown and attended Sunrisers and Sunsetters prior to schools closure on 20th March 2020.
- Children of parents who are keyworkers as defined by St Georges and attended Sunrisers and Sunsetters prior to Lockdown.
- Children who attended Sunrisers and Sunsetters regularly before Lockdown.
Call Miss Hall in the school office to add your child’s name to the list to be considered for a place.
Due to covering costs the charge will be £7 per day even if you only require a morning or afternoon session.
We need to know names of children interested by the end of the school day on Thursday 17th September.
Places will be allocated according the admission criteria above and parents notified Friday 18th September in the afternoon via text.
In the unfortunate event that the club is oversubscribed – please contact Layla Riches on
023 9284 1974 at Portsmouth Family Information Services. Her role is to advise parents on childcare in the area.
S J Gibb
S J Gibb
14th September 2020
School is now in a position to safely reopen Sunrisers and Sunsetters from Monday 21st September.
Please see letter on our letters home page and contact the school office for bookings.
September 2020 Sunrisers and Sunsetters is currently closed.
Below is our pre September 2020 wraparound offer which we have had to suspend for the time being due to Covid-19 restrictions. We hope once restrictions are lifted we can go back to offering Sunrisers and Sunsetters in the school lodge and children and parents booking the sessions they require.