We promote British values through our school curriculum. It is part of our Christian ethos and thus permeates through everything we do.
- enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
- encourage respect for other people; and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
St. George’s is passionately committed to modelling, teaching and upholding fundamentally British values. As a C of E school, we hold that all persons are created equal in the sight of God, and that all are endowed with human rights that uphold the inherent dignity of the person. British values is fundamentally our Christian ethos. We are a school for the good of all.
Being inclusive our school promotes tolerance, diversity, and respect by actively encouraging students’ participation within the wider community. We celebrate our similarities and respect our differences. We are wholeheartedly dedicated to creating and nurturing the confident, respectful, and civically minded young people our country needs.