Teaching Assistant 1:1 SEN Support Job Advert
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is a small, friendly community school where every child is valued. We are located in the heart of Portsea and support 330 children from nursery through to year 6 who are all from diverse backgrounds.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Special Needs Assistant, to work in our school with children who have SEND Needs. The start date for this position is as soon as possible
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold relevant qualifications in learning support – such as NVQ/Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. NVQ Childcare and Education etc.
- Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
- Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
- Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
- Excellent behaviour management.
- Experienced in using P.A.C.E style strategies.
- A team player who is also able to work individually.
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
- Humour is also required!
This Fixed term appointment is related to the provision of special needs support in respect of the named pupil/s and will continue pending a review of the Education, Health and Care Plan/s or the pupil/s departure from the school, if earlier.
We have 2 options of hours for this post.
15 hours per week working 9.15am – 12.15pm Monday to Friday term time only (3 hours per day).
Salary is at point 3-4 £18,887 – £19280 FTE – actual salary £6788.17 – £6929.37 based on 15 hours per week.
Or 20 hours per week working 9.15am – 2.15pm Monday to Friday term time only (4 hours per day)
Salary is at point 3-4 £18,887 – £19280 FTE – actual salary £9050.83 – £9239.16 based on 20 hours per week.
Closing date for applications is Monday 6th June 2022 at 9am and interviews will be from Tuesday 7th June 2022.
Please contact Victoria Dring on 023 9282 2886 or [email protected] should you require further information or would like to book a visit to school. Application packs can be downloaded from Portsmouth City Council recruitment pages. Please specify on your application for how many hours you are applying for.
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
DBS Filtering Rules
When applying for positions please refer to 2020 DBS reforms for guidance on what should be disclosed.