‘Everything is possible for one who believes’ Mark 9:23
Through our Christian values of hope, respect and courage we strive to do the best with the gifts God gave us to make the world a better place.
At St George’s we instill hope for a better future. We will be motivated to learn, and capable of working independently and with others. We will respect ourselves, others and the environment. We will be courageous in making responsible and appropriate choices and make a positive contribution to society.
St. George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is committed to developing these values through:
- Providing a happy, caring, secure and stimulating child-centered environment.
- Encouraging the essential skills for the effective learner: independence, resilience, co-operation, and communication.
- Engendering spiritual and moral values in a Christian context.
- Creating opportunities for physical, cultural, emotional, social and aesthetic development
- Fostering self worth and respect for others and the environment locally, nationally and throughout the world.
- Providing a high quality of education for all our children.
Principles of Assessment
- Is at the heart of high quality teaching and learning for all pupils;
- affects the child’s motivation to learn;
- puts the child at the centre of their learning;
- is fair, honest, ambitious, appropriate and consistent;
- is manageable, purposeful, accessible and time-efficient;
- provides meaningful and understandable information for all stakeholders;
- objectives set consistently high expectations for learners.
Our Purpose of Assessment:
- To ensure teaching is appropriate and that learners make at least expected progress.
- To celebrate; help plan next steps in learning; and support analysis of trends, leading to school improvement.
- To inform discussion and dialogue with pupils, parents/carers, colleagues, school leaders and governors, moderators and assessors.
- To support transition between year groups, key stages and schools.